Lost Island – Huston Park Campground
The Palo Alto County Conservation campground is located in Lost Island – Huston Park. Each of the 24 sites has electricity and water hookup. Hot showers and flush toilets are located within the campground. A dump station is available within the park. Park hours are 6:00 am to 10:30 pm. The campground open date is early May and stays open to mid October (depending on weather).
- No Reservations are taken
- $20 per night for sites with electric and water
- $30 per night for sites with electric, water, and sewer
- Bundle of Firewood – $3 (sold on weekend & holiday evenings)
- Trailer Dump Station – $3
Lost Island Lake:
- Enjoy water sports on beautiful Lost Island Lake (1,200 acre lake). Lost Island – Huston Park contains several public water accesses including a swimming beach with dock, a boat ramp, and several fishing/boating docks. Lost Island Lake is known for spring and fall walleye and is excellent for summer catfish. You may have luck with perch, northern pike, bluegill, and crappie anytime of the year.
- Huston Park has 2 picnic shelters
- No reservations are taken
- Enjoy the hiking trail in the park, a guide book is available at the trailhead or Nature Center. Nearby on the north edge of Lost Island Lake is another hiking trail next to Mud Lake and Lost Island Marsh. Keep your feet dry while you enjoy the pelicans, yellow headed blackbirds, sora rails, muskrats and other abundant wildlife.